Thursday 30 May 2013

20 Days of WoW blogging #11

Check out Spellbound to learn more about the challenge!

Day 11 – Bad habits and flaws

Jealousy in more than one way. I can be quite jealous of various things - mounts, achievements, loot, status - and it's something I can't seem to get rid of even with time. What I can, though, is try to hide it the best I can, and keep it out of the way. Of course there's also the classic jealousy of one's attention, particularly if it's that special person, or someone else that I unjustly claim as my own somehow.

Then there's competitiveness. I always used to say I wasn't competitive, but the truth is that I am not competitive for as long as I don't feel threatened. It only applies to things I care about, but it can get really annoying to people who are close to me, as they might feel like I am always racing them in something.I suppose behind this lies my need to be noted for things and fear of being left behind or considered incompetent.

My pride is both a good and a bad thing. It's become an inevitable part of what I consider myself to be like, but often prevents me from solving arguments involving myself. I find it difficult to apologise, and try to come up with reasons why there's no need for me to do so. Thinking about it, I'm surprisingly narcissistic for someone that's actually lived under the tyranny of one very much like that.

I don't want to mention this, but I must. I'm horribly lazy. Whether it's on WoW or in real life, I rarely come to complete unpleasant tasks. You know, those that I should do, but just can't be arsed. This is a prime example of how I don't learn from my mistakes. Those uncompleted dailies or messy tables always find a way to come back to haunt me in some form.

No comments:

Post a Comment