Tuesday 8 January 2013

May Elune grant us strength for I am hooked on pet battles

After making a new year's resolution regarding daily quests and reputations in the previous post, I am proud to let you know that I have done half of the necessarily dailies once this year. Instead of still attempting to improve my gear for raid progression, I've focused on important things like making cute little creatures fight for the glory and honor of the Alliance. I've battled through Northrend and am about to continue my trek to Pandaria. Some of the more notable things I've caught along the way are a rare quality Clefthoof Runt, Nexus Whelpling. Water Waveling, Imperial Eagle Chick and Fjord Worg Pup, while the Scourged Whelpling remains out of my reach for now. Things don't look all that grim with a certain piece of cloth with me, though. Hail the Argent Crusader's Tabard! Wilba the Sprite Darter Harchling was the first one of my battle pets to reach level 25, while the Nether Faerie Dragon Indiga and Aqil the Dusk Spiderling are right behind him at level 24.

While spending wasting my time pet battling, I picked up one thing. My pets leveled slightly too fast compared to the exploration process. Wilba hit level 25 halfway through Northrend, which is very early considering the pet levels of Pandaria start at 23. If this is intentional, it might be better if people are leveling the whole team, but I found it relatively easy to keep the entire group of three within a couple of levels from each other by having them take part in fights as equally as possible.

I feel like it's been ages since I updated the blog. And it's true, it has been ages. I just haven't felt like there's been much to write about - apart from pet battles, heh. Nevertheless, I've been busy on and off WoW. With the return of a close friend, I made my boosting record of practically throwing him through the entire Cataclysm content in one evening. Boosting levels 81-85 with dungeons took around eight hours. I justly took credit of any "grats" that appeared in the guild chat.

I also managed to level my fourth character up to 90 - around three months after the release of Mists. Leveling the monk was definitely a more enjoyable experience than I would have thought, after having done it three times already. The monk-exclusive experience buff Enlightenment made things a bit faster for an hour each day, but the most important part of any leveling process is enjoyment. I've loved brewmaster all along, but windwalker became a lot of fun after learning Rising Sun Kick. The most incredible part of it all were Jester's amazingly high crits: they were equal to the epic-wearing Nicasia's Lava Burst at level 87.

All in all, I'm looking forward to a couple of future post ideas I have began working on. I'm particularly excited about the fact that they are not about pet battles like pretty much every second post lately... Which is, no doubt, quite unusual of me. /cough

No comments:

Post a Comment